Basic Expedia QuickConnect RequirementsTM
- Contact your Expedia Account Manager. Expedia charges various fees for their services and the interface. Please contact email@example.com directly to learn more about pricing.
- Update to the latest version of RDPWin 2.x or 3.x.
- High speed internet connection required.
- RDPWin Monitor must be installed on any workstation with Internet access.
- Purchase the Expedia interface from RDP: $6,000 plus an additional $900/year in support. Contact RDP Sales for more information.
- Contact your Expedia Account Manager to begin the process of interfacing with RDP.
- Schedule a time with RDP Support to begin the implementation of the Expedia Interface.
Availability can be managed in the following ways, which Expedia calls an ‘Inventory Agreement.’ Your Expedia Account Manager is the expert on these topics:
||A fixed number of room nights contracted with Expedia.
|| A group block called ‘Expedia’ is set in RDP which can be changed as the RDP customer desires.
|Base Allocation + Flex Allocation
||A combination of the above whereby the RDP customer has a fixed contract for a certain number of rooms each night plus an additional flexible number of rooms which can be changed as the customer desires.
Room rates available to Expedia are managed within the RDP Software, and pushed to Expedia. Room rates are determined by the contract negotiated with your Expedia Account Manager. RDP conforms to the Expedia rate guidelines. Please contact your Expedia Account Manager for more information on this topic.
For customers not currently working as an Expedia Partner, go to www.joinexpeida.com to request a contract.
Contact RDP Sales for more information.
Note: The RDP Expedia 2-Way GDS interface is not required if you use the RDP TravelClick/IHotelier 2-way GDS Interface.