The RDP system has the ability to post charges to guest folios and group masters. This feature can be used as a limited Point-of-Sale system for simple locations, such as selling a few items at the front desk. Many RDP customers require much more sophisticated POS features for their Restaurants, pool, Spa, Golf Course, and many other locations. To satisfy these requirement RDP has interfaced to a wide variety of third party Point-of-sale systems as indicated on the list below. Please note that we are frequently adding new POS interfaces. The RDP sales team can help you identify the best POS system for your applications.
The RDP interface includes the following capabilities:
- Automatically post charges to the guest folio or Group Master from the POS system.
- Provides an “inquire first” capability if your POS system supports this feature. For example, a clerk in the restaurant can first inquire to see who is in room 102, prior to posting a charge.
- Optional Pre-check-in posting is available for all POS interfaces using the “Micros” standard. For example, a guest may arrive at the property at noon, but their room is not ready until 4:00 p.m. The guest can put a credit card on file and start charging items immediately, using their reservation number as verification.
- Optional Post checkout posting is available for all POS interfaces using the “Micros” standard. For example, a guest may checkout at noon but still use the facilities for the rest of the day and charge items, which are then paid for by the credit card on file.
- The room key created by the VingCard encoders interfaced to the RDP system can be used to post charges to the room using a Micros 8700+ compatible POS system.
There may be new additions to this list – please call RDP Sales to Confirm latest information