The RDP API provides access to some of the RDP data using Microsoft’s Web Services. This information is intended as a guide for developers who have partnered with RDP to implement this interface. The web services are installed as part of the IRM.Net installation. IRM.Net (Module RR) is a required along with the RDP API Interface Module (SL). Pricing is based on how much of the RDP API is implemented from the marketing website.
Please contact RDP Sales for more information.
Most RDP customers use the IRM.Net without the API. The IRM.Net is highly customizable using themes and cascading style sheets. When styled correctly, it appears to the guest, that the IRM.Net is part of the marketing site. For more information on customizing the IRM.Net, see Using Themes in IRM.Net.
Availability & Rates IRM.Net
There are several levels of implementing the RDP API. The first has the marketing site request availability from the API. Availability can either be a list of available rooms for those customers that preassign rooms or a list of available room types for those that don’t assign specific room numbers.
Rates can be fetched as well. RDP Recommends that as few rate plans as possible be used. If there is only one Internet rate plan, then this information should be stored on the marketing site for performance reasons. If a guest is choosing a rate plan, then the marketing site should fetch the rate for the room or room type after the rate plan and room/room type and dates are selected instead of doing it for each room or room type. The marketing site is much faster with rate look ups since it is static data. There are many ways to implement rates, so this should be discussed with an RDP representative.
The marketing site would collect the reservation dates, room/room type, rate plan and number of people and pass it to IRM.Net as query parameters on the URL. This would start IRM.Net at either the Virtual Store page or the guest information page, depending on if Virtual Store is installed. IRM.Net would take over and process the credit card and make the reservation.
Owner Access – Reservations, Work Orders, Statements, Etc.
For customer using our Vacation Rental System, Condo-Hotel, Timeshare, Fractional, or Private Residence Club systems, RDP provides secure owner/member internet access which includes the following capabilities using IRM.Net.
- Secure, commission-free owner Internet access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, direct to your database.
- Owners can pay their annual dues using a credit card on the Internet.
- Owner and guest of owner Internet reservations.
- Owner calendars can be reviewed, changed, and printed up to four years into the future.
- View or print all past owner statements on Internet in Adobe PDF format.
- Owners can enter or review work orders for their units in complete detail. See Work Order Overview.
- Owners can request housekeeping and specify requests using the Internet. See Housekeeping Overview.
- Send owner mass e-mails and newsletters. See E-mail Marketing Overview.
- Review complete property descriptions with pictures.
- Make commission-free Internet reservations for paying guests, groups, travel agents. See Internet Reservation Module.
- Sell additional guest services (packages, golf, gift items, etc.). See Guest Itinerary and Concierge.
- Additional reservation charges are allowed such as booking fees, cleaning fees, etc.
- All owner Internet access flows automatically to the Trust Accounting System.
Note: These capabilities are available using RDP’s IRM.Net, not RDP API.