Room Key Interface - Hotel Software Systems
RDP system currently interfaces to the VingCard Vision 3000
system and the Kaba Ilco key lock
Please call RDP sales directly for more information.
- Available with VingCard Vision 3000 (Version 4.10 or higher)
- Available with VingCard Vision 6.1 or higher with RFID card/encoder
- Available with Kaba Ilco Models: 700, 710, 740 760, 770,
- Use a key card encoder for each workstation or share between multiple
- Reduce errors by eliminating manual entry into key card system
- Automatically generates the room key card at check-in
- Encode multiple card for a single reservation
- Encode new cards for a room move
- Improve guest satisfaction with faster check-ins
- Interface works with both RDPWin and RDP-DOS front desk systems
- Cards created by the Room Key Interface can be used with many
Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Hotel door lock company websites:
with Micros POS
The room key created by the VingCard encoders can
be used to post charges to the room using many Micros or compatible POS systems.
The flow is as follows:
- During check-in, the RDP VingCard interface encodes the room number on
Track 2 of the VingCard room key.
- The guest can go to any POS outlet, such as the restaurant or gift shop,
and hand their room key to the clerk.
- The clerk then swipes the room key on the Micros POS terminal which reads
the room number from the card.
- The Micros POS terminal sends the room number to RDP's POS interface,
which then looks up the guest in the room and sends the information
back to the Micros POS terminal to display.
Note: If there are non-numeric characters in any of
the room numbers, Micros cannot read the VingCard key cards without additional
programming on the Micros POS system.
- The clerk sees the guest's name on the POS terminal to confirm identity
and can then charge the items to the guest's folio.
See RDP's Point of Sale Interface Overview.
Requirements to use the VingCard room key with a POS include:
- VingCard Vision Version 4.1 or higher
- RFID card/encoder requires VingCard Vision version 6.1 or higher
- Point of sale (POS) systems with card readers capable of reading Track 2
data on magnetic cards.
- In this case all room numbers in RDP must contain numeric characters
only, such as 101. A room number such as A101 or 101A will not work because
Track-2 cannot contain non-numeric data. Alternatively with the RDP –
VingCard interface, it is possible to encode the room number on to Track 1
which accepts alpha-numeric data. If Track 1 is used, the Point-of-Sale
system may need to be modified to enable it to read Track 1.
Key Lock Systems
RDP has developed an interface with Kaba Ilco key lock system.
- RDP's interface works with the following Kaba Ilco models: 700,
710, 740 760, 770, 790
model 660 (or Oracode system) is not supported
- RDP's Kaba interface utilizes the FDU or Front Desk Unit interface
system. This system requires a Gateway II interface box and works with
Kaba systems. RDP uses this interface so that customers using FDU do not
have to spend the money to upgrade to the newer interface system, ATLAS.
- RDP also interfaces with the Kaba ATLAS (Advanced Technology Lodging
Access System) interface based on web services. All new Kaba systems
should use this interface. The Gateway II
interface box is not used with this configuration.