Front Desk & Audit System - Hotel Reservation Software
The front desk and audit features are part of the
core system. The design is focused on accurate guest check-in and check-out as fast
as possible with the minimum number of keystrokes and clicks.
Audit Procedure Customizable
The audit procedure is highly customizable depending
on the needs of individual customers. Each customer can elect to have a sophisticated
audit, a simple audit, or none at all. For example, some RDP customers rent
homes or condominiums (see Owner Accounting
Module) and can close the day in less than 5 minutes. At the other end
of the continuum are resort hotels with over 800 rooms and three auditors performing
a wide variety of tasks. RDP offers 24 hour support, 365 days a year to help
those customers with sophisticated audits.
Front Desk Fully Integrated with Reservations
and Internet Reservation Module
The front desk system if fully integrated with the
Reservations Module. A unique reservation number is assigned to every reservation.
This number is used as the confirmation number, folio number, and reservation number
for easy tracking. Cancelled reservations can be reinstated at check-in if
needed. Reservations made directly by guests with the
Internet Reservation Module are also fully integrated with Front Desk.
Fast Guest Registration & Check-In
Guest registration is fast and simple with the RDP
Front Desk module. Features include:
If your property handles extensive walk-in business,
it is critical to quickly satisfy the guest's requirements. All available rooms
of a given room type can be quickly displayed, with the "clean and ready" rooms
Integrated Credit Card Scanner
RDP offers an optional interface to a credit card
scanner. With the scanner, it is possible to read-in the guest name and credit card
number by swiping the credit card. The system automatically pre-authorizes credit
on the guest's card or accepts a credit card payment at check-in. The credit card
scanner increases front desk efficiency at both check-in and checkout. For
more information on the Credit Card Module,
Automatically Generate Room Keys
RDP offers an optional interface to room key systems
to automatically generate one or more room keys on check-in and room move.
- Automatically generates room key cards at check-in
- Multiple cards can be created
- Cards generated on room move
- One Key Card encoder can be shared between multiple front desk workstations
- One encoder per front desk workstation
- Improves guest satisfaction with faster check-in
Click here for more details on the Room Key Interface
Deposits Automatically Transferred
When the guest checks-in the total advance deposit
is automatically transferred from the advance deposit ledger to the in-house guest
ledger. This automatic transfer simplifies night audit balancing. After transferring
the balance, the advance deposit displays on the guest folio as a credit.
Yield Management with Walk-Ins
RDP's powerful yield management system is active
for walk-in guests. Yield management significantly increases average daily rates
and overall property occupancy. Read more about
RDP's Yield Management module.
Powerful Sharewith Features
The system has extensive support for share-with (two
or more guests in the same room) guests, including:
- Up to 99 sharewiths per room
- Each sharewith can have their own folio with split room charges
- Each share-with can have different arrival/departure dates as long as they
- Different rates & packages for each share-with
- Each sharewith has a separate guest history record for mass mailings and
- All sharewiths appear on telephone operator list
- Sharewiths can be checked-in at the same time or different times
- Sharewiths can be established when reservation is made, at check-in, or
Posting Charges to Guest Folios
Charges can be posted to guest folios or directly
to house accounts at any time during the day. Each charge is assigned to a revenue
center, such as room revenue, room service, phone charges, bar, etc. Over 1000 different
revenue centers are allowed. Charges are handled as follows:
- All charges are instantly update guest folio
- Charges can be posted to up to 99 share-withs per room
- All charges are itemized on the guest folio.
- All guest charges are also automatically added to revenue center totals.
- The Daily Manager's Report shows daily, month-to-date, and year-to-date
- All guest charges automatically appear on the balanced general ledger entry
for the day.
Guest Folios Stored Forever
Every transaction on every guest folio is stored
forever, limited only by available disk space. In the event of an audit, every guest
folio can be reprinted, even if the guest checked-out years ago.
Over the years, disk space has become very inexpensive.
For about $1000, a disk drive can be purchased that stores every guest transaction
at a 200 room property for 20 years.
Automatic Posting of Room & Tax
The system can automatically post room and tax to
800 guests in less than a minute. These charges can be coded to bill the guest,
group leader, company, wholesaler, or pre-deduct travel agent. Packages are also
posted automatically on a daily basis.
While most hotel customers post room and tax (or
a daily package) every night, the system also supports "lump sum posting". Often,
this feature is used by condominium and interval ownership customers that declare
reservation revenue at check-in.
Guests Over Credit Limit Report
Each guest (and share-with) can be assigned a credit
limit. When posting charges, the system notifies the operator if any charge places
the guest over his assigned limit. Additionally, a "Guest Over Credit Limit" report
Guests are checked-out quickly and efficiently. Folios
can be printed before, during, or after checkout. The optional credit card scanner
is used to scan a guest credit card, call the credit card company for authorization,
and automatically deposit funds in your bank account. Click here for details
on the credit card module.
Cashier Balancing Reports
Every transaction is automatically stamped with the
employee's initials, ensuring accurate cash drawer balancing and providing a fraud
and theft deterrent. Cashier reports are printed quickly to help balance cash drawers
and close three shifts per day.
Shift payments by
Travel Agents Automatically Paid
The front desk/night audit system automatically interfaces
to the travel agent payable system. All commissionable folio transactions are automatically
paid to the correct travel agent.
Read more about our Travel Agent & Wholesaler module.
City Ledger Interface
The front desk system is interfaced to the city ledger.
- Transfer to the city ledger at checkout is automatic, with complete aging
reports at 30, 60, 90, and over 90 days.
- Each transaction code can have a different GL account assigned
- The system can automatically transfer RDP GL to various back office systems
- On-Line inquiry of every general ledger transaction available historically
- Advance deposit ledger
- Guest Ledger
- City Ledger
- Travel Agent Ledger
- Wholesaler Ledger
Condominium and Timeshare Owner Accounting
RDP has offered modules for Condominium Owner Accounting and Timeshare owner
accounting for over 20 years. The front desk and night audit systems are fully
interfaced to these modules. Features include:
- The system automatically pays owners their share of rental revenue.
- Each charge posted to a folio can be split with the owner, or not
- If a guest changes rooms during his stay the system pays each owner the
- Timeshare system supports fixed week, floating, quartershare, points, and
Multiple Interfaces Available
RDP interfaces with a wide variety
of third party devices, such as call accounting, point-of-sale, etc.
Please click here for a complete
list of RDP interfaces.